1. The name of the society shall be The Costume and Textiles Society of Wales.
2. The Objects shall be to promote and encourage the study, preservation and documentation of costume and textiles in the region of Wales and the Marches, and to further research into these subjects.
3. To pursue these Objects by means of meetings, lectures, exhibitions, visits to collections, publication of articles, exchange of information, and to organise activities to encourage the aims of the Society.
4. Membership shall be open to anyone interested in the aims of the Society.
5. Subscription shall be due annually, on 1st March, at a rate agreed by the Annual General Meeting. Notification of events will be sent for the ensuing six months, after which unpaid subscriptions will be deemed to have lapsed. Membership lists shall be updated and circulated periodically.
6. The management and control of the Society’s affairs shall be vested in a Committee of seven paid-up members, to be elected at the Annual General Meeting, from whom the Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, and any other Officers required by the Committee to facilitate the running of the Society and carry out the members’ wishes, shall be elected. The Committee shall be empowered to co-opt additional members for general or specific purposes for not more than one year. The Committee members and Officers shall sit for a maximum term of three consecutive years, unless specifically extended by the majority decision of the Committee, and agreed by the Annual General Meeting. Nominations to be proposed, seconded, and received in writing not less than one week before the Annual General Meeting.
7. An Annual General Meeting shall be held in, or about, March of each year, to receive the Committee’s reports, accounts, and proposals, and to elect a Committee for the ensuing year. Notification of such meetings shall be sent to every paid-up member at least fourteen days beforehand.